💗Kindness is good our mental health.
💛Kindness is good for our heart.
💙Kindness slows ageing
🧡Kindness improves relationships.
💚Kindness is contagious!
Many studies show that being kind, and even observing kindness, can create a ripple effect of happiness 🥰
One of the most simple and beautiful acts of kindness? A smile!! We don’t always think of smiling as giving something to someone, yet it is the most simple & wonderful gift we can give! A smile makes those around us feel welcome, accepted, seen. A smile brings feelings of connection & warmth. Smiling at others (& even to ourselves) makes us feel happier! And it's absolutely free! 💗
A WARM SMILE is the universal language of KINDNESS ❤️
~William A Wood~
The physical act of smiling alone sends feedback to our brains telling us we are happy. Chemically speaking, one smile can stimulate the human brain the same amount as eating up to 2000 bars of chocolate!! And smiling is contagious, that’s why we feel happier around children...they smile more. On average, children smile 400 times a day, whereas the average person only smiles about 20 times a day. Happy people, on the other hand, smile around 40-50 times a day😍
Here are just a few of the proven benefits of kindness (and smiling!) 💕
- Lowers blood pressure & has a protective effect on the heart.
- Reduces stress, anxiety & depression.
- Floods the body with serotonin, oxytocin & endorphins, the feel good hormones that make us & the people we help calmer, healthier & happier.
- Brings us a sense of belonging & connection with others.
- Improves our self esteem & optimism.
- Reduces aches & pains, improves overall wellbeing.
- People who witness acts of kindness or are the recipients of such acts are filled with the same feel good hormones & are more likely to pay it forward by helping others.
Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing
Let’s smile more! Stop & smile at someone today, it could have more of an impact than you think (on them & on you!) Be the rainbow in someone’s sky, you never know how much someone might need it 🌈💚